This Week At a Glance:
Tuesday, February 10:
- 8am Enrollment Tour – The French School
- The next Dine Out for SLLIS is Tuesday, February 10th at the St. Louis Bread Company located at 3114 South Grand from 4pm – 8pm. A printed flyer or an electronic version of the flyer on a mobile phone or tablet must be presented when ordering. One printed flyer or electronic flyer per device per person. The donation given will be based on the amount of sales associated with the flyers.
20-30 Flyers: 10% of net sales from redeemed flyers
31-49 flyers: 15% of net sales from redeemed flyers
50+ Flyers: 20% of net sales from redeemed flyers
Wednesday, February 11:
Thursday, February 12:
- 6pm Enrollment Tour of The Chinese School & The International School
Friday, February 13:
- NO SCHOOL – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Current Student Re-Enrollment ENDS today – please submit your Letter of Intent and two proofs of residence by Friday!
Saturday, February 14:
- Come visit the SLLIS Enrollment Table at the Tower Grove Farmer’s Market from 9am – 1pm.
Looking Ahead in February:
– There is No School on Monday, February 16 (Presidents Day)
- Club SLLIS is available. Registration must be received by Friday, Feb. 6 Club SLLIS Registration February 2015
- Concordia Turners is hosting a SLLIS Playdate: 2 hours of gymnastics, trampoline and obstacle courses just for SLLIS from 10am – 12pm. All non members must have a signed waiver. $7.50 per child
– Trivia Night is Saturday, February 21 – please contact email@example.com if you are interested in attending but missed last week’s deadline.
School- Specific Updates:
The International School Weekly Round-Up:
Last Wednesday, TIS Scholars with sufficient Scholar Dollar balances enjoyed a field trip to see a new film called “I Am 11”. We are also planning a bowling trip (end of 3rd Quarter), and other excursions, including a trip to the History Museum combined with a picnic in Forest Park.
At TIS, we are continually striving to schedule activities that will enrich and extend our in-school, academic work, as well as activities that reward students who consistently meet expectations here at TIS day-in and day-out. We believe and can see that students are taking these expectations seriously and that there are strong efforts underway by students to make positive decisions with more consistency. That doesn’t mean we don’t have room for improvement. Needless to say, though, when teachers, students, and parents can support each other and keep in clear focus our commitment to ensuring our Scholars develop to the fullest of their academic and social potential, we can do big things together.
A few upcoming, TIS Calendar items…
- BJC Connexions (2/19 up through Spring Break)This program will focus students’ attention on how to be aware and stay safe when using social media and interacting online.
- Human Growth & Development (starting March 2/3, and running each Monday for six weeks) These sessions will focus on this very important theme of growing up and developing as a young adult.