Weekly Overview for January 19 – January 25:
- Monday, January 19: No School in Observance of MLK Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 20:
- TCS SAC Meeting at Marine: 6:30pm
- Please Note: PYP Night is CANCELLED
- Friday, January 23:
- School Assemblies
Save The Date!
- There WILL be school on Friday, January 30th
- The next Dine Out for SLLIS is Tuesday, February 10th at the St. Louis Bread Company located at 3114 South Grand from 4pm – 8pm.A printed flyer or an electronic version of the flyer on a mobile phone or tablet must be presented when ordering. One printed flyer or electronic flyer per device per person. The donation given will be based on the amount of sales associated with the flyers.
- 20-30 Flyers: 10% of net sales from redeemed flyers
- 31-49 flyers: 15% of net sales from redeemed flyers
- 50+ Flyers: 20% of net sales from redeemed flyers
Access the Flyer: Dine Out for SLLIS: St. Louis Bread Co.
- Trivia Night is Saturday, February 21st
A Check-In from Mr. Lash at The International School:
We had a great week this week with PlayWorks and the Theatre Workshop they brought to TIS from New York City, in many ways considered the epicenter of the theatre world. It was filled with fun, team-building, creative activities, and – just as important – concentrated, sustained, focused writing work! PlayWorks also offered and presented to TIS/TCS teachers a workshop on how to integrate theatre-related activities into their normal classrooms and students’ learning activities.
To follow up and keep the theatre/creativity fires burning bright, we have locked in another related activity, this time for our Spanish Cohort, in the form of a half-day field trip to Webster University to work with a renown pair of visiting theatre scholars from Havana, Cuba. Be on the lookout for permission slips in February. We are also planning a field trip to see a movie called “I am 11” (about 11-year olds the world over), which will be an activity for students with sufficient Scholar Dollar balances.