School-Specific Updates & Newsletters:
TSS January Newsletter 2015
TFS January 5 Newsletter
TIS 3rd Quarter Week 1 Round-Up
Inclement Weather Reminder:
With the especially frigid temperatures of January in mind, we know there are times during the school day where it can be very cold inside. Unless there are transportation issues, we plan to hold school during this time of extreme weather. Please be sure to dress your child warmly and we will understand whatever individual decisions you make about sending your child to school in this frigid weather.
Inclement weather poses a safety hazard for transportation to and/or from school. All SLLIS campuses will follow the same protocol in the event of inclement weather. SLLIS may opt to close school during inclement weather.However, if the weather is not serious enough to close school, we may announce a “late start” day. This means that the school will open at 9:15 instead of 8:15am, allowing families and employees more time to travel safely to school. The Mosaic (Before/After School Program) will always be cancelled in the event of a “late start” day. Of course, for safety reasons, attendance on “late start” days is at the discretion of the parent. In the event of potential inclement weather while school is in process, we may announce an “early” dismissal.
As a reminder, should an inclement weather announcement such as a school closing or a late start be necessary, we will notify you all via the following outlets:
1) A BrightArrow message will be sent out via phone and email. (Be sure to keep your contact information current using MySLLIS
online or by emailing SLLIS Registrar – Amanda Harris – email@example.com
2) News Channels 2, 5, & 11 (KTVI & KSDK) will post the school announcement on the ticker at the bottom of their station screens
3) Radio station AM 1120, KMOX, will announce the inclement weather status
4) SLLIS social media will post the inclement weather status via SLLIS Website,Facebook,Wordpress Blog, & Twitter
SLLIS Weekly Overview January 12-18, 2015
Monday, January 12:
Tuesday, January 13:
- Enrollment Tour of The French School, 8:00am
- TFS SAC Meeting, 6:00pm
Wednesday January 14:
- Enrollment Tour of The Spanish School, 6:00pm
Thursday, January 15:
Friday, January 16:
- TIS SAC Meeting, 7am
- TFS Weekly Gathering
Save the Date:
- There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 19th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
If you need child care, Club SLLIS is a fee-based child care program offered at the Papin Building for all SLLIS students.
For any questions, please contact Club SLLIS Coordinator, Lisa Berman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PYP Night will be help Tuesday, January 20th.
- Join SLLIS and other local charter schools at the St. Louis Charter Schools Student Application Fair, hosted by the Missouri Charter Public School Association on Saturday, January 24th.
- School will be IN SESSION on Friday, January 30th as make up day for inclement weather earlier this school year. All schools will operate on their regular schedules.
- Tables are currently on sale for the upcoming I ❤ SLLIS Trivia Night. Visit our website or Facebook page to register.