We hope all SLLIS parents are aware that they are invited to join in a special French School social event on Friday, November 22, 2013. Celebrating the Beaujolais Nouveau has a long history in France. It is a tradition of welcoming the arrival of the “new wines” as a signal of the end of the harvest and the beginning of the fall holiday season.
To make this wonderful evening happen we need your help! We are currently looking for parents to volunteer as bartenders, setup and cleanup. If you can help with any of these jobs, please visit volunteerspot.com– http://vols.pt/XbM64b
This year’s event will also feature a number of opportunities to help raise funds for the 5th grade trip to France. These include a silent auction, wine basket raffle, student-made art sale and tips for our celebrity bartenders.
Items up for the silent auction are:
* 3rd grade team (Mme Danielle, Mme Meghan, Mme Taryn, M. Michael & M. Jehan from 2nd grade): Holiday cookie decorating 30-40 kids
* Mme Danielle & Mme Meghan: Zumba dance class for kids (up to 30 kids)
* Mme Christelle (2nd gr): African dance lessons (10 kids for 3 lessons after school)
* Mme Taryn: Kids’ yoga class & couples yoga class. Possibly family yoga if they buy both and want to combine them.
* Mme Kari (kindergarten): 4 hrs of babysitting
* Mme Lorena (1st gr): movie & popcorn for a child & 3 of their friends
* Principal for the Day
* TFS Parking spot
Time/Date: 7:30pm on November 22, 2013
Location: The French School (1881 Pine Street, St. Louis, MO 63103)
Recommended Donation: $10.00 ($5.00 for volunteers!)
Attendees are encouraged to bring an appetizer, dessert, or, whatever inspires them
Updates regarding the details of the event will be posted on the SLLIS blog as well as in the Facebook Group for TFS Parents and Teachers (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SLLIS.TFS/).
Contact TFS parent Kevin Harkins at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions about this year’s event.