There’s plenty to do in the City this Fourth of July! Check out these fun (and some are free) events celebrating our nation’s independence.
1. Fair St Louis: A 3-day patriotic celebration in downtown St. Louis that is free and open to all. There will be music, an air show, fireworks, a parade, a fun run and more! For more information and a specific schedule of events, check out the Fair St. Louis website.
2. Freedom 4 Miler & Family Fun Run: To kick off the Independence day festivities at Fair St. Louis on the morning of July 4th, register for the Freedom 4 Miler or the 1-mile Family Fun Run. You can register here.
3. Fourth of July Concert at the Old Courthouse: The Clayton Silver Strings will perform on July 4th at 1 pm in front of the Historic Courthouse at 11 North 4th Street. The concert is free and for all ages. Don’t forget to bring a flag to wave!
4. Rockin’ on the Landing: Laclede’s Landing is hosting live music, great food and an unforgettable view of the Fair St. Louis fireworks this Fourth of July from noon until 11pm. The free celebration will continue on July 6th and 7th. For more information, check out Laclede Landing’s website.
5. 1862 Historic Fourth of July: Explore the St. Louis of 1862 on July 7th, 2012 at the Old Courthouse at 11 North 4th Street from 10 am – 4:30 pm. Volunteers will dress up in historical clothing and teach about life in 1862. The event is free, fun for all ages and there will be a live band. Learn more at their webpage.
There’s plenty to explore in the city of St. Louis on the Fourth of July! If you’re interested in more events in the areas surrounding St. Louis, check them out here.
Have a happy and safe Independence Day!