If you’re in the mood for some Latino-themed events this month, the Hispanic Arts Council has a diverse line-up of events for families and grown-ups:
- The Opera Theater of St. Louis presents “Carmen” by Bisset on June 8th, 10th, 13th, 16th, 19th and 23rd at the Loretto-Hilton Center at Webster University.
- The St. Louis Cardinals present the 13th annual Hispanic Family Day at the Ballpark. This events benefits the Hispanic Educational, Cultural and Scholarship Fund for College-Bound Latino Students. on Saturday June 9th at 6:15 pm. The Cards will play the Cleveland Indians.
- The Hispano-American Society of St. Louis invites friends and their families to their annual picnic on June 10th from 1 pm until dark at Tilles Park’s Skow Shelter (9551 Litzsinger Rd, Ladue, MO, 63144). The Cost is $10 plus a dish to share. For more information, call Suzanne (314-942-1121) or Daniel (314-956-1819)
- Samba Bom presents live Brazilian music at Focal Point in Maplewood on June 16th at 8 pm. Admission is $10 in advance online or $15 at the door. For more information call 314.781.4200 or visit http://www.sambabom.com/FOCAL.html.
- Amistad Hispanohablante is an informal and open Spanish conversation group of native and non-native speakers of Spanish who meet informally every two Wednesdays at 7:30pm at Chevy’s, located at 9119 Olive Street, west of HWY I-170 in St. Louis. No invitation required and all ages welcome! For more information, visit the club’s site or contact Mr. Hiro Mukai at email@example.com.
Have fun this summer!