It’s only 3 weeks until this exciting PE fundraiser and national tournament on June 9th. You don’t need to be a competitor to join the fun. Here are the Top Ten reasons to attend…
10. You have no idea what speed stacking is, but you’ve been hearing about it all year. On June 9 from 9:00-5:00 you can see it first hand.
9. You want a family-friendly activity to do on June 9 and it’s one of your last chances to hang out with SLLIS families before summer break. The StackFest room with games, crafts and activities will be open from 10-2!
8. You want to see competitors from other states. So far, we have registration forms from stackers from Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Ohio and more!
7. You want a chance to see state and world record holders in person and not just on youtube! Here’s a link to a video of one Team USA member who is coming…
6. You want to see if you can win a medal! Here’s the registration form. Enter by June 1st to avoid the late fee!
5. You want to be a judge so you can see the world record holders up close. Note: We currently have no judges signed up. Judges have to know how to speed stack (training is provided and it takes 30 minutes), watch a 30 minute video on their own, and then commit to judging the day of the tournament. As a thanks, they will receive breakfast, lunch and a gift. Go to this link to volunteer!
4. You know we need 60 volunteers and it’s your last chance this school year to get in some of the 20 hours you owe SLLIS. You can also just sign up to donate food for our concession stand. Sign up here.
3. You heard that it’s been years since there’s been a Missouri tournament and you want to break a record. See Missouri records (with our own SLLIS students, Holly and Zaire, listed) at http://www.thewssa.com/records/usa/mo/
2. Your friends are competing and you want to cheer them on!
1. You want to raise money for SLLIS PE programs. Your admission fees and food purchases will donate money to our PE programs. Please support SLLIS!