- Save the Date! twitter.com/iistlfestival/… 1 day ago
- @SkipBrooks9 yes we know! (this is Rachel) hope you're enjoying your summer! 2 days ago
- @SkipBrooks9 wonderful story! Thx for sharing 2 days ago
- RT @BetsyHCohen: Anna Crosslin at @WhiteHouse web m.whitehouse.gov/champions @iistl @StengerSTLCo @WTCSTL @STLRegChamber @inclusivestl @SLLIS … 1 week ago
- RT @STLVernacular: brand new @STLSwapMeet podcast is up with @BroussardRhonda from @SLLIS along with a few special guests! http://t.co/ljaa… 1 week ago
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Dear TFS families,
I am very sorry to report that we are unable to get the temperatures under control in the Pine building and will be canceling the remaining days of school at The French School.
I know this is an anticlimactic way to end our school year. The teachers and I are disappointed that we did not get to say our official good-byes to our students! Despite this, we are primed and ready for the move to the Marine camps and are getting excited about all the possibilities our new space presents.
I wish you and your families peace and relaxation and look forward to seeing all of you at Marine in August.
Head of the French School
Due to the extreme temperatures in the Pine building, school has been cancelled for Wednesday, June 10, 2015
TFS Head of School Conrad Wildsmith and Chief Operating Officer Sarah Kirshner will continue to evaluate the situation on a daily basis and will update families via email, Bright Arrow phone call and posting to this blog and Facebook.
Hello TFS Parents,
Despite the rising temperatures at our Pine location, we will have regular dismissal today at 3:20. We will keep the children who remain at school as comfortable as possible and run buses at the normal time this afternoon. We will also continue Mosaic services. If you would like to pick up your student before dismissal, please feel free to do so.
Dear TCS families,
Thank you for coming to our New Family Orientation! It was great for us to get to know each other better. Thanks to our current families for joining us to share their school experiences with you. Hope their sharing can ease some of your worries for the upcoming school year.
Every year after the orientation, we provide the opportunity for the new families to get together and for their children to play together. We want to invite your family and your new kindergartener and 1st grader to come to our Marine playground Play Day on June 14th at 1-4pm. It is a relaxing time for kids to play together and for parents to chat together. For those who missed the orientation, it is a great opportunity for you to catch up.
We also encourage the current Kindergarten and 1st grade parents to bring your kids to join us. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time there!
Head of The Chinese School
SLLIS Board of Directors Meeting
6pm, Papin Multi-Purpose Room
- Call to order and attendance roll call
- Approval of April 2015 minutes
- Public Comment
- Consent Agenda
- No items for consent agenda
- Governance Committee Report
- Board Retreat and Annual Meeting schedule
- Nomination: Kevin Conrey
- Finance, Facilities and Audit Committee Report
- Review April 2015 financials
- Approve April 2015 check register
- 2015-16 Budget Discussion
- Academic Excellence Committee Report
- Development Committee Report
- President’s Report
- Enrollment and Retention Update
- School-based intervention planning
- Chief Operating Officer’s Report
- Old Business
- Executive Session
- Real Estate
- Human Resources
- Legal Issues
- Unscheduled Business
Next Board of Directors Meeting: 2015-16 calendar not yet confirmed
During its annual State of SLLIS address, Founder & President Rhonda Broussard announced our 2015 Better World Awardees! The Better World Awards celebrate those staff members who exemplify the mission and vision of St. Louis Language Immersion Schools. Three of five possible awards are being given this year:
The Teacher of the Year creates a transformative educational experience for their students. They live the mission, vision and core values of St. Louis Language Immersion Schools. The honoree is an active contributor to various instructional teams and inspires peers towards deeper instructional engagement.
The Support Staff Member of the Year enables all success to occur seamlessly. They anticipate the needs of instructional staff and actively seek ways to serve the school community.
“Mr.Nathan” Shea joined our team in The French School in the spring of 2014 as a Special Education teacher. He was adamant that he did not only serve Special Education students, but that he served all students. He could be found consulting with teachers and parents daily in support of students who were and were not on his instructional caseload. Mr. Nathan impacted the lives of many students before his unexpected passing earlier this school year.